Christmas morning is still my favourite time of the year. It is filled with a sense of magic, excitement and glistening in the eyes of all the children who wake up to see what Santa has left for them.
Christmas morning in my house used to consist of a tummy full of treats. Besides Easter, it was the only day of the year we were allowed to replace the usual healthy breakfast with lollies and chocolates.
My Christmas mornings used to go something like this…
Wake up when it was still dark outside (on a Summer morning in Melbourne that is well before 5:30am) and creep excitedly into the lounge room where our Christmas stockings (we actually had decorated pillow cases) were waiting, full, under the Christmas tree. My brothers and I had strict instructions not to wake my parents until a reasonable time (6am). We were allowed to open our stockings and use/play with/eat anything inside it. Once Mum and Dad woke we would then open the wrapped gifts.
The time from when we woke until when Mum and Dad would get up often felt like an eternity. We used to spend that time watching Christmas cartoons which was fun but could have been more fun if only Santa had left us each…a busy bag!
Busy Bags make the perfect stocking stuffers!
There are plenty of moments on Christmas Day when the kids need a little quiet time; some down time to focus and relax. Busy Bags are the perfect item to motivate little ones to sit in peace and play while they let their batteries recharge (or give you a little time to get things done).
Still not convinced? Here are a few more reasons why Busy Bags make great stocking stuffers (or more generally, fantastic Christmas gifts!):
- They are light and portable
- They don’t need batteries
- They don’t make noise
- Once the sugar high has worn off, a Busy Bag can be a great way to keep your child engaged and entertained
- If your little one gets bored or impatient waiting for guests to arrive, they’ll have a fun and educational activity to keep them occupied
- Busy Bags can keep your child out of the kitchen while you are cooking the Christmas feast
- After lunch when everyone feels like napping the Busy Bags can give you some peace and quiet
- The activities within the Busy Bags encourage play and interraction with with cousins and extended family
- Travelling will be pain-free on Christmas Day with a Busy Bag; they are designed for travel after all!
- Busy Bags include everything needed to complete the suggested activities, they are great to use while other toys are being put together or batteries are being sourced
You can find a great range of Busy Bags, including Christmas themed ones, right now here in the Flying Sprout store.